Monday, January 19, 2009

Saturday Night Fever



Release Date: July 1978 (Japan)
Genre: Drama, Music, Romance
Language: English

Director: John Badham
Writers: Nik Cohn, Norman Wexler
Casts: John Travolta, Karen Lynn Gorney,
Barry Miller, Joseph Cali, Paul Pape,
Donna Pescow, and more..

Tony is an uneducated Brooklyn teenager. The highlight of his week is going to the local disco, where he is the king of the dancefloor. Tony meets Stephanie at the disco and they agree to dance together in a competition. Stephanie resists Tony's attempts to romance her, as she aspires to greater things; she is moving across the river to Manhattan.

I don't do this kind of dancing, but as long as it's "dancing movie", I watch. The local disco is like the night club for me. Tony is 19 years old and so I am. Tony is just like me. No longer a kid but not adult yet. Having something like to do, but no actual dreams. I though this is not only dancing movie but I think I liked the story. I want some teenagers to watch this movie.

No comments: